Showcase ICEE Scratch Card Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the ICEE Scratch Card Promotion.
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising and promotional materials that may include a summary of these Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
- By entering the Promotion, all entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Entry instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions and by participating, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- The Promoter of this promotion is Nichols plc (t/a ICEE), registered in England with company number 238303 whose registered office is at Laurel House 5 Woodlands Park, Ashton Road. Newton-le-Willows WA12 0HH (referred to as the “Promotor”). Please do not send entries to this address. The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters.
- The promotion runs from 00:01 GMT on 23/12/2022 until 23:59 GMT on 15/01/2023. UK participation Showcase Cinema’s only. Purchase required. Internet access and a valid email is required to claim a winning prize; only winning claims submitted by 23.59 GMT 31/01/2023 using the nominated email address will be valid.
- Eligibility: This promotion is open to all residents of England, Scotland and Wales aged 18 years or over. Excludes employees of the Promoter, their families, agents, or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all entrants and to disqualify any entrant if they have reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the Terms and Conditions.
- To participate, prospective entrants must first purchase an ICEE frozen Lemonade at one of 17 participating Showcase Cinema’s to receive a promotional scratch card.
- Participating cinemas:
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – TEESIDE
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – LEEDS
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – PETERBOROUGH
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – BLUEWATER
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – PAISLEY
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – NOTTINGHAM
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – GLASGOW
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – LIVERPOOL
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – DUDLEY
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – COVENTRY
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – SOUTHAMPTON
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – DERBY Cinema De Luxe
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – LEICESTER Cinema De Luxe
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – CARDIFF
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – BRISTOL Cinema De Luxe
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – READING
- SHOWCASE CINEMA – BRISTOL Avonmeade
- One scratch card will be issued with each purchase of ICEE frozen lemonade while stocks last. There are 50 scratch cards available at each participating Showcase Cinema, (45 losing cards and 5 winning cards) a total of 85 winning scratch cards available to be won.
- On receiving a promotional scratch card, the entrant must reveal the hidden message and 6-digit unique number printed on the card to find out if they are a winner.
- To validly submit a winning claim, winners should email the 6-digit unique number together with their contact details (full name and postal address) to the email address printed on the winning scratch card which is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winners must email their claim no later than 23.59 GMT on 31/01/2023.
- There is a limit of one prize per winning unique code, per person/email address.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any winning claim that is lost, delayed, misdirected, corrupted or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, system, server, network, or other reason. Entrants who make an entry on someone else’s behalf may be disqualified.
- There are 85 prizes to be won and each prize is a pair of adult entry cinema tickets valid at Showcase Cinemas.
- There are 50 scratch cards available at each participating Showcase Cinema, (45 losing cards and 5 winning cards).
- Prizes will be sent via post to the postal address provided upon registering a winning claim, by 2nd class signed-for Royal Mail.
- Winners should allow up to 28 days for their tickets to arrive.
- Prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so.
- The Promoter will only use your data and process your personal information as set out below if you enter this promotion:
- We will retain your details (full name, email and postal address).
- If you are a winner, we will use the data you have provided to notify you and process your prize.
- We will store your data on secure servers.
- Your data will be deleted no later than 20th March 2023.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation, the surname and county of residence of the winners will be made available to anyone who requests them by writing to ‘ICEE Scratch Card Winners List’, Nichols plc Laurel House 5 Woodlands Park, Ashton Road. Newton-le-Willows WA12 0HH, within 3 months of the closing date. The winners may object to their surname being published by contacting the Promoter at the above address however the Promoter may still be required to provide this information to the Advertising Standards Authority in the UK.
- The Promoter may request that the winners participate in publicity arising from the promotion. The winners are under no obligation to participate and may decline this request. Participation is at the winner’s discretion and is not a condition of prize acceptance.
- In the event of exceptional circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter and only where circumstances make it unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this promotion at any time but will always endeavour to minimise the effect on the consumer in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense or damage which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this promotion, the fulfilment of the prize and/ or the use of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (including personal injury, death and fraud) in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for proof of address and ID (passport, driving licence or equivalent) which the entrant must provide within 7 days of a request being made if their entry is to remain valid. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, the spirit of the promotion, any instructions forming part of this promotion’s entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating or won using fraudulent means.
- It is the responsibility of the entrant to provide correct, up-to-date details when entering the promotion and on acceptance of the prize. The Promoter cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance or fulfilment of their prize.
- The Promoter has no control over internet or communication networks and is not liable for any problems associated with them due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. The Promoter will not be held liable to any individual for any fraud committed by any third party nor for any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, user error and any network, computer, hardware or software failures of any kind relating to the promotion.
- If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these Terms and Conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
- The Promoter’s decision is final with regard to all promotional matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any claims and/or disputes arising out or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of English Courts unless you live in Scotland or Wales, in which case your local courts will have jurisdiction.
Please see https://vimtooutofhome.co.uk/privacy-policy/
Promotion Details & Entry Mechanic
With every ICEE Lemonade purchased between 23rd December 2022 – 15th January 2023 at participating Showcase Cinemas, a scratch card will be issued with a chance to win a pair of Showcase Cinema tickets.
- Each scratch card is printed with a unique 6-digit code printed on the front of the card.
- Each participating cinema will have 5 winning scratch cards to win a pair of Showcase Cinema tickets.
- Once the 6-digit code on winners cards has been verified, winners will be sent their 1x pair of Showcase Cinema Tickets by signed for postal delivery from w/c 9th January 2023.
How to enter:
- Purchase any size ICEE Lemonade from participating Showcase cinemas and a scratch card will be issued.
- Scratch off the message beneath the ICEE cup on the card to reveal if you are a winner.
- Remember to keep your winning card to be able to verify you are a winner.
- Please note: Prizes will not be issued by Showcase cinema staff. Please follow the instructions below if you have a winning card.
- Winners need to verify their winning scratch by emailing email@example.com quoting the unique 6-digit code found on the bottom left-hand side of the front of the scratch card, along with your name and postal details.
- Due to the Christmas holiday, prizes will be verified and redeemed from week commencing 9th January 2023.
- Once winning ticket has been confirmed and full postal details have been received, winners will be contacted to confirm that one of the prizes of 1x pair of adult Showcase Cinema tickets are being despatched by a signed for delivery service.